This article is about water retention gel for plants, water retention gardening gel, water retention crystals for plants.
Water Retention Gel/Crystal for Plants (What is it?)
- It is a non-toxic environmental protection material with granule appearance;
- It can absorb lots of water;
- After absorbing, it become a water gel form.;
- Water gel would release water to plants when it’s drought;
- After releasing, water gel would become granule form and could absorb water again for plants.
Applications (where to use?)
To improve seed germination & emergence, give plants an early, health start.
To improve the drought resistance and increase the yield.
Fruiter: increase the yield and reduce the fruit cracking rate;
Young or transplanted trees: increase the survival rate.
For Landscape & Golf Grass
To control the cost by reducing irrigation frequency.
How Does It work?
It can absorb and store water for plants — just like a mini-reservoir.
1. improve the water retention of soil;
2. keep soil warm (as water’s high heat capacity);
3. loosen the soil (water retention gel’s going to swell while absorbing water).
1. It contains potassium;
2. It can release the fertilizer efficiency slowly.
Water Holding Capacity Test?
Performance Study in varying soil classifications.
Sample Volumes Used
Soil:500ml; Water:750ml; PackRain: 5 grams.
|Sample||Type||% Sand||% Silt||% Clay||Control weight （g）||w/PackRain （g）|
|Type||Test||Water passing （ml）||Water retaining (ml)||% retained||% increase|
|Silt Loam||control||275||475||63. 3||–|
|Clay Loam||control||352||398||53. 1||–|